Monday, April 14, 2008

Job descriptions

I had two things crop up today around job descriptions. First, I'm trying to get a college student or recent grad to help me write a book and in general help with a bunch of odds and ends at Tandem. I was posting the job on a local university job site and it prompted me to write a job description. Should be easy, right? No, its not.

Later I had a conversation with someone who I would love to hire who asked me what positions I was hiring for. My answer was the same as what I wanted to post on the college job board. I'm not big into job descriptions. I'd rather find really smart people who want to be successful, who I'd like to work with, and figure out how to help them be successful, with them in turn making Tandem successful. Win-win.

Now how do you write that in a job description...

No comments:

Post a Comment