Friday, August 1, 2008

Worst case scenario

The last few weeks have been full of interesting conversations about such uplifting topics as "what happens to the company if I die?" and "what happens to my equity if I get divorced?" I'm lucky that these conversations have been relatively painless, but they have emphasized some important decisions that need to be made now to anticipate bad things that could happen in the future.

Its not fun to talk about (although I have been prone to giggling during these conversations) but its necessary. As we start to plan for rapid growth, bringing in new employees who will depend on the company to support themselves and their families, I feel an obligation to both the Rockstars and whomever else comes on board to make sure that no matter what happens to me, the company would be well prepared to move full steam ahead without me.

And while we're on the subject, have you updated your will? I mean, just in case...

No comments:

Post a Comment