Friday, July 18, 2008

The happy dance

Last night, we finalized a plan to get our first product demo completed by the end of July. I used to be a big proponent of the "happy dance" to celebrate things like that and if there was ever a time that I should have started dancing for this project, it was last night. We're doing this for 1/3 the cost and 1/5 the time we thought it was going to take us. If that's not cause for dancing, I don't know what is.

And yet, I just couldn't bring myself to feel the true excitement that I should have felt. What did I feel instead? Fear. Fear that it won't actually get done, or that the end result won't be what I imagined. Fear that we've got SO much stuff to do to get ready for launching this demo tour, we've got to get moving to be ready. Fear that the demo will be kickass and we'll sell a bazillion of them--why fear of that? Oh, maybe its the underlying fear that all of my dreams and ambitions about this crazy adventure will come true, and then what will I have to work towards next?

So, I woke up this morning and faced the fear by doing what I always do: making a list. There's a lot to do to get ready to take over the world, and fear is such a bothersome emotion. I need to add to the list "practice happy dance moves" and check that one off ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment