Saturday, September 20, 2008

No rest for the wicked

Today is Saturday, thank goodness. I'm trying not to work today (is blogging working?) and catch up on family time and sleep. The last three weeks have been a whirlwind, and although I knew that it was going to be crazy, I really had no idea. From Virtual Worlds LA, back to the office for a big presentation, and then off to Austin for the Game Developers' Conference last week (not to mention home on Friday for an 8 am sales meeting and afternoon meeting for another potential project), things are moving at a breakneck speed.

I've not had the time to collect my thoughts on lessons learned over the last few weeks, but I do feel motivated by the momentum. I think there is an opportunity for things to move so quickly that they spin out of control. I'm trying very hard to stay focused, not get too wrapped up in any drama, and keep my eye on the prize. It looks like we'll be busy the rest of this year; projects are starting to roll in. It looks like we'll be hiring, possibly doubling in size. It looks like we're going to end this year with at least one of the Virtual Territory products sold and in development (could be more than one, actually...).

At some point, it seems like all of this would allow me to take a breath. Unfortunately, it looks like things may just move faster. Hold on to your seats, everyone. Prepare for takeoff. I have a feeling we haven't seen anything yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment