Monday, March 24, 2008

Big Decisions

I took a few days off from blogging. It was a decision. I decided not to blog because I'm mad. I could have decided TO blog because I'm mad, and that would make for a better, more interesting blog. Maybe, but maybe it would have just been a cathartic rant, and perhaps one that I would have regretted.

In my very first blog, I wrote about decision making. This last week I have been astonished at the decisions that people have made, people in leadership roles, people who I respect.

I think its easy to make decisions to make your life easier, to make decisions out of spite or anger. I think its tougher to make decisions that are right, decisions that define your character.

I am trying to define my own character as a leader. Its not easy. I'm seeing lots of examples of what I don't want to do. That's actually helping me.

So I'm deciding not to rant about what's making me so angry. And hopefully that decision is helping me develop into the kind of leader, and person, that I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment