Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The difference between talk and action

You can ask most anyone who knows me well...I am always coming up with ideas. I'm not so vain to believe that they are always good ideas, and logistically it would be impossible to actually do a lot of the crazy things that I think up (not to mention I'd have to give up sleep altogether, and possibly get a clone...). But occasionally I actually do think some of them are good ideas. 


So what's the real difference between a good idea and a not-so-good one? At the end of the day, its probably less about the actual greatness of the idea and much more about the execution. See, most people just talk about their ideas. Most people don't actually DO the things they talk about. Sure, there are lots of reasons, lots of excuses--money, time, knowing where to start--but action is what makes an idea great. Good execution is much more important that having a good idea. 

I read a tweet today in my twitterstream from @pcarles 
Have just launched with some friends a new - small - company in France...Not a great idea,but great people to work with. Really exciting !
And that, my friends, is what its all about. Best wishes to @pcarles and his friends in making their not so "great idea" a fantastic success...its all in the action and execution.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your consideration. I'm very proud and honored to have inspired your blog post.

    Execution and action are really what matter ! in the Internet business, we're lucky because the cost of failing is not so huge, so we can try foolish things that, actually, become great ventures... or great failures.

    By the way, thank you for your wishes too ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete