Saturday, May 24, 2008

Here comes the sun

I'm neck deep in a lot of stuff right now. Most of it is new territory, which leads to an inordinate amount of overthinking and self-doubt. For the most part, I don't let any of this show.

But last week, sometime around 2 am while walking to the next drinking establishment, I opened the floodgates to one of my co-conspirators. I don't think I can do this, who do I think I am? No one is going to believe in me, and I don't want to screw this up for the people who actually do. I have no idea what I'm doing. I feel sick when I think about failing.

He, in all his wisdom and inebriation, was kind enough to share an analogy. Koreen, you're like the sun. You can't be the whole solar system, but you can hold us together to create something bigger than yourself. Without the planets, you'd just be a star. There are lots of stars, but you, you are the sun.

Thanks for the analogy; I think I'm shining a little brighter because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment