Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Waiting to get paid

It looks like the end of the waiting is near, but good lord, this has been the most stressful part of the wait. I've got bills to pay, expenses to reimburse, and I'm hoping that Friday will be a check writing fiesta. But the money needs to actually make it into my bank account first. C'mon funds transfer!

Cashflow is a much bigger issue than I thought it would be starting Tandem. I underestimated how long it would take to get paid, and how much money we'd be initially putting out to get stuff done. We were coming to the end of our money reserves, and if I had to do over, it would have been nice to save another $10k or so as a buffer for expenses.

I can see how this is an issue that I'll be revisiting throughout the management of Tandem, and one that I didn't have a lot of experience with before. It's been a good learning experience.

As long as I get paid this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment