Friday, April 25, 2008

I want it now!

I'm not a particularly patient person. Last night, for example, we resumed our weekly Rockstar meeting, and we had a list of business to attend to. None of it, in my opinion, fun. Stuff that needed to get done, no doubt, but not stuff that gets me riled up with the excitement of possibility. 401k options just don't do that for me. We did decide last night that next week we're planning our first product: focusing on a business need, developing a strategy, etc. All leading up to a design document.

Now THAT is exciting. Unfortunately, I have to wait a week.

Tandem still hasn't gotten paid. I have assurances from a very reliable source that I'll get checks in my hand next Tuesday. Tick, tock, tick tock.

I'm planning to have my book done by the end of the summer. If I could write as fast as I talk, it'd probably already be done. Damn my typing skills.

My server still hasn't arrived. I won't be able to finalize benefits until next week.

Why does everything take sooo long?

I'm going to try to remember this feeling when one of my clients expects an unreasonable turn-around time. Because sometimes there are really good reasons why things take time.

And hopefully its true that good things come to those who wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment