Saturday, August 30, 2008

Finding time versus making time

For years, I used to commute an hour each way to work. I hated it, and after I had the opportunity to work five minutes from home, I couldn't believe that I had commuted like that for so long.

But last night, after a long conversation about feeling overwhelmed with work and guilty about any decision I made (spend time with family, work not getting done--work, miss time with the family), I realized that what I really miss is time to myself. I actually miss my commute time, time to decompress, think about things, catch up with people on the phone that I owed a call. I don't have that time anymore and I'm shocked that I miss it as much as I do.

I've been relying up to this point on finding time for myself, or to catch up on things. I'm now convinced that I have to make time for these things, because I'm not finding the time anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment