Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Doing good

Last night me and most of the other Tandemites attended a (the second) Refresh Philly meeting. High level, about 100 design and development professionals in Philadelphia showed up to learn from each other and figure out how to use our collective talents to make Philly a better place. 


Also this week, a discussion about mission and vision statements prompted me to look up the vision statement that my team had created at my last gig. (It reminded me how much I truly miss those peeps!) We had spent a lot of time thinking about what would make us truly fulfilled in our work, and as a result, a significant amount of our team's vision was focused around how we could give back to the community.

Sure, we're all in business to make money. But truth be told, a lot of us want more out of our lives than that. We want to build community, we want to contribute, we want to leave the world a better place than we found it. 

It's not easy to balance the demands of work with giving back. But its important. 

I'm thrilled for the opportunity contribute to Refresh Philly (or as one of the Think Brownstone boys referred to it, a chance to be one of the Super Friends in the Hall of Justice). What is your super power? Can YOU use it to help save the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment