Sunday, November 2, 2008

How to apologize

Last week, Seth Godin posted this in his blog...I thought it was interesting. It was even more interesting when, after receiving my weekly email of Verne's Insights and seeing that Verne had taken it upon himself to tell his readers who he was voting for and why, he sent a follow up email that day, with the title and text seen below.


__________________________________________________________________________________________

You are right. I messed up. I'm sorry.‏

From: bounce@infusionmail.com on behalf of Verne's Insights (vernes_insights@gazelles.net)
Sent: Fri 10/31/08 12:50 PM
To: XXX

OK, my deepest apologies - I tried something, giving people an option to read my thoughts on the election, which I shouldn't have and I simply ask for your forgiveness.

Obviously, I'm hearing positive comments from those that support my decision. However, I've heard from enough of you that it was a bad idea that I have to concur. This wasn't the right forum. What I care most about is helping growth firms and they seem to survive no matter what the situation so long as they keep their heads about themselves and remain disciplined - I'll stick to my message and find other forums for expressing my political thoughts (it's actually a hobby for me - I served in Washington and learned a great deal from the experience).

Keep on learning and growing,

Verne
The "Growth Guy"
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just goes to show that, really, sometimes you just need to say you're sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment